Blade less cataract surgery (Femto laser assisted cataract surgery)
Femto sesond assisted laser cataract surgery is the most advance technique for the cataract surgery. In Femto/laser cataract surgery, an advanced machine Catalys replaces the use of a hand-held surgical instruments for the following steps in cataract surgery:
- The corneal incision
- The anterior capsulotomy
- Lens and cataract fragmentation
Use of a Femto / laser can improve the precision, accuracy and reproducibility of each of these steps, potentially reducing risks and improving visual outcomes of cataract surgery.
Using CATALYS, surgeons at Kapil Eye Hospital provides a gentle, highly customized cataract procedure with precision not achievable through traditional manual techniques.
CATALYS allows surgeons to create a customized treatment plan that matches the uniqueness of each eye.
Depending on the patient’s pre-operative vision and desired visual result, we may recommend a tailored treatment plan that could include creating ultra-precise laser incisions in the cornea and a specific clear lens type, such as a multi-focal lens. This tailored treatment may reduce a patient’s need for glasses or contacts after surgery.
Main benefits of CATALYS are
- A highly customized procedure using advanced 3D imaging
- A treatment with little or no discomfort
- A more precise treatment
- A gentler and easier cataract removal
- Generally, a more rapid visual recovery due to reduced inflammation (4)
- The opportunity to receive tailored treatment with advanced technology multi-focal lenses, which may reduce the need for glasses or contacts after surgery.